Sunday, February 3, 2013

Skill Builder BOM

This is the color pallet I will be using for this project.  I have finished making and quilting blocks one and two. I have also chosen my thread colors for this project.  The coppery brown is for the back.  My quilt back is made of material I had in my stash.  I thought they were all fat quarters until I started ironing and cutting them.  Oops!  Well to stick with my goal of use what you have,  I just made a few randomly pieced blocks.  Here is a picture of the blocks  laid  out on the playroom floor.


I quilted my quilts as shown in the Skill Builder's Block of the Month videos.   I used my Bernina patchwork edition for this quilting.  The use of the thread holder and using an embroidery needle prevented thread problems I had had in the past.  Thanks so much for the tip about the sharp needles Alyssa.
I simply used unclosed quilting pins to baste this since it is such a small project.  Here are som pictures of my FMQ.












No comments:

Post a Comment