These two patriotic stars are for a charity quilt.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Sunday, February 12, 2012
I repainted and reorganized my pegboard for tools and added a second one for my thread. I have not decided yet if I should draw outlines for tool positions like my last board. It worked nice for a quick glance to let me know what I had not put away when done. The thread board is covered with heavy vinyl to keep dust off the threads. It is anchored on the shelf. For easy access I slit the vinyl about every four inches. I also took down shelves and moved them and removed all the old teddy bears.
My sewing chair was showing lots of wear ... tears in the leather. I gave it an upcycled makeover using selvage edges from my scrap box. The strips were sewn onto scrap batting and then the two pieces were tucked into the chair band with a bit of hot glue.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
I am just about finished with my sewing studio. I still need to trim with paint along the edges of the ceiling. These first images are of just of the beginning of the painting. And some simple fabric birds I added to an old frame.