Here are some of my pictures from the Christmas tree skirt I made this weekend. This was a quilting project from our quilt guild"
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I am still working on the beach quilt challenge. I thought I just had 2 people left to make, but my daughter decided the space needed filled in more and so I have 11 to make. Here is a picture of the entire quilt so far. The white slips are where more people will be added. Click here to see the gallery of close-ups of people.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
After my fabric set for a week I unwrapped the poles and removed my fabric. I wanted a little more color so I pole wrapped it and set it in tea for about 10 minutes. The tea gave it a lovely grey shade to the white areas. I'm guessing that was because of the vinegar. I washed the fabric in a mild detergent dried and pressed. Here are the results.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Well, I keep saying I need some rusty things to dye with. Well the high winds today gave me my wish. It shredded our screen tent, but I was able to salvage the rusty tent poles. I got my PFD fabric and soaked it in vinegar. Then I wrapped it around the poles, put a few other small rusty objects in the layers and scrunched it down. I love dyeing with a scrunch wrap, so I hope this works. I put it all in a plastic back and poured on some more vinegar and tied it up. I think I'll let it sit all week. I really hope this works.
I have made some of the children for the beach challenge. A lot of the clothes are made of the challenge fabric. The fabric was fused to wool felt and stitched with invisible thread with freemotion zigzag. I am slowly adding thread stitching got hair. Hre are some samples of what the challenge looks like now. My favorite item is the volleyball net.[gallery]