Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some Rust Dying Results

These are some of my results from my rusted object fine.   I wet the fabric in vinegar and water and covered it with clear plastic.  The gray fabrics were then tea-dyed.

[gallery link="file" columns="2" orderby="ID"]

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Objects for Rust Dyeing

I was very lucky this morning.  I found all the objects in these pictures at a yard sale this morning for about 6 dollars.  They had so much stuff, it was hard to choose.  I can't wait until I have some time to dye again.




I finally finished the thread painting on the faces and hands. I also added rope for a border. This was a new white nylon rope. It was tea dyes, scuffed up on trees and then burned over a candle to look old.