Just taking a quick break. I've been working on 6 new journal covers and some quilted bookmakers. Need to add hand embellishments this evening.
The rust dyed velor fabric made 2 very nice journal covers. Only one problem, the sewing machine needle would not sew through them and just kept shredding the thread. This is the first time I've had trouble with my rust dyed fabric. I thought I had a perfect solution, I'd try needle felting it. Three broken needles later I gave up. Now I am hand embellishing shell outlines and couching other fibers. I am happy with the results, just not the pace.
My second attempt with glue batik has had good results. I thought it would be a disaster because I started painting and then let it set three weeks before I got back to it. Rinsed out the glue yesterday and it actually still came out. Yeah! Now for some color touch up an a lot of thread painting.