Tuesday, April 19, 2011

1st compost dye project

Not wanting to waste anything I decided to do a compost project with the grape hyacinth flowers strained from the dye.   Picked leaves and flowers from outside and placed them on a piece of fabric soaked in soda ash.

Then I sprinkled the grape hyacinth over it in clumps.  Next I sprinkled a bit of tealeaves.  I also added a rusty circle. ( had to bend it in half to roll up)

It was already turning a lovely shade of green.  I dug a hole next to one of my rose bushes and covered with leaf litter and dirt.  Now how long can I wait to dig it up.  (Hopefully til fall)

 Photographed so I would remember where I buried it -( in front of orange roses and paper whites)

No comments:

Post a Comment