Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014

As usual I started out the new year with a new word and cleaning my sewing studio.  This years word is choice.  Last year's was evolve.  I think I have improved some of my skills and am hoping to continue improving my drawing skills.  Choice is my word this year because there are so many -- choose to find time for art, chose to keep things organized or not, choose to practice and hone new skills ...   I chose to recover my chair while I was cleaning.  I really like it.   The main cleaning is done, but the small sorting goes on.





I have finally made the commitment to unstitch my goddess for my mother earth quilt.  Taking out tight stitches in 2 pieces of 1 inch foam stacked and fabric was tedious.  I love the new results and can now finish quilting the background and adding the beaded spiderweb.  Then for the trees and 3-D leaves.

I celebrated my 50th birthday early by having a half century celebration party.  The party was to thank all those who have made my life what it is.  The menu was lasagna, spaghetti, garlic bread and vegetable soup.  I also baked two chocolate cakes from scratch and made chocolate molded pretzels.  Family brought fruit and veggie trays.  We had a great time.   Guests were to entertain me.  Even my grandson stood on a bench and sang in front of everyone.  I wrote and sang my own old age song to the tune of My Favorite Things.  (Side note - the malox version going around the web was not written by or sung by Julie Andrews)

No comments:

Post a Comment