Saturday, November 16, 2013

3 day dogs- dog 1 finished

Okay so it took more than 3 days, but only because I didn't get around to sewing.  I spent 3 hours last night doing the thread painting over my fabric dog.  I am really please with the texture and the colored fabric that shows threw all of the thread.  Used 3 bobbins of sulky invisible thread for the thread painting.   I used mostly Isocord thread on the top which is one of my favorite threads.  Seven colors used, not including the Superior metallic for the collar.  I cropped and added a backing and batting and then out lined the dog and areas I wanted to stand out.  The background was densely free-motioned quilted with a variegated Superior thread in the top a and variegated brown in the bottom.  I used another whole bobbin just for the background even though the entire piece is only about 8 by 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment