Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fabric Painting

I ordered fabric to make a bag the other day.  Unfortunately I didn't read the fine print on one of the fabrics, which said fabric may not be what is pictured.  It was the focus fabric for my bag.  I looked everywhere and could not find it, so I tried a painting experiment.  I painted fabric the colors I needed and then places ferns and ginkgo leaves on the wet paint and sprinkles with salt.  Then it sat out in the sunlight until dry.  The results were alright, but the leaves were a little hard to see.  I used prisma color pencils to darken around the leaves and for details.  I also used fabric ink to draw and stamp over the cloth.  Here is the result.

close ups:

No comments:

Post a Comment